Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Wolf vs rottweiler and pitbull; Italy.
Topic Started: Jan 29 2014, 01:53 AM (9,574 Views)
Titoedersu
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
Italy. A wolf approaches to food for a pitbull and a rottweiler. The two dogs chase him, then the wolf confronts them. And the dogs run. Note that the wolf is larger than the rottweiler. In Italy, the wolves are not as small as you think.

http://www.canislupus.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5195&start=40
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i didn't see a pic

Koolyote
Member Avatar
Martes
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
kingkazma
Jan 29 2014, 02:18 AM
i didn't see a pic
Oh god..

Titoedersu
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
When you go to the page in the link provided in the first post.

Full Throttle
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Good find.

If I remember correctly there was an account of an italian wolf killing a pitbull.

Interesting two large terriotrial breeds would react like that.

VenomousDragon
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Alot of Rotties I have met are big ole teddy bears.
Any idea how old the dogs are? Being only a couple years old could explain why they so easily lost their nerve.

mr_savage
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
That's a sad excuse for a rot and pit bull ! A good pit would have no problem attacking and holding a 300 lb boar but these two dogs run from a single wolf ? That's probably not a pit bull . You would think those dogs would be braver because there are two of them .

The All-seeing Night
Dimension of mind
Wild dog vs guard dog and criminal dog

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Koolyote
Jan 29 2014, 02:30 AM
kingkazma
Jan 29 2014, 02:18 AM
i didn't see a pic
Oh god..
sorry i was on ds

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
mr_savage
Jan 29 2014, 08:47 AM
That's a sad excuse for a rot and pit bull ! A good pit would have no problem attacking and holding a 300 lb boar but these two dogs run from a single wolf ? That's probably not a pit bull . You would think those dogs would be braver because there are two of them .
those dogs were smart, and a 40 pound pit holding a 300 pound boar?! HA. i've seen plenty of shy pit bulls, not all of them are serial killers. and the wolf would've killed the pit and had a hard fight with the rott.

mr_savage
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
That lone wolf was probably more scared of the dogs then anything . If they would have charged him he would run away .If there's a pack there then the dogs are in trouble .I've never seen a rott that could put up as much fight as a pit bull . But you sound like you have zero knowledge or real working dogs so you would think that ! LOL

Taipan
Member Avatar
Administrator

Full Throttle
Jan 29 2014, 04:08 AM

If I remember correctly there was an account of an italian wolf killing a pitbull.

Yes.

Taipan
Feb 21 2012, 03:19 PM
From Titoedersu

Titoedersu
Feb 21 2012, 12:07 AM
Good morning to all. I just joined, I'm Italian and I do not know English very well so I use an automatic translator. Congratulations to all for the data provided. I tried to open a new topic but maybe I have to wait. However, I think you're interested in this story: a wolf here in Italy, Isernia, so approached the house, a pit bull he faced but was immediately killed. Here the site with photos: http://www.geapress.org/ambiente/isernia-scontro-lupo-pit-bull-fotogallery/24376
My apologies to the moderators, but I did not know how to insert the news.

Great Find!

Translated using "Google translate"

Isernia: Clash wolf - Pit Bull (photo gallery)
The expert: no alarm, the wolf is not a danger to humans.
Editorial | February 20, 2012

Posted Image

GEAPRESS - Typically we are accustomed to hearing about fights between dogs, perhaps badly kept in a kennel, where animals that should not come into contact and eventually clash in some cases succumb.

The dog is a wolf. Molded and enslaved by the evolution of man imposed by custom. They communicate in a manner often inscrutable to non-experts. You stare, you study, launch signal, then establish who is boss. Usually goes smoothly, but when a wolf is no longer that tens of thousands of years and maybe it was preferred to the emergence of a dominant trait, it can also happen what happened in these days of extreme cold in the immediate outskirts of Rocchetta al Volturno, in the province of Isernia.

A wolf, a large male, came into contact with a Pit bull kept near a body. To have the worst was the dog. A wolf's canine has penetrated between the palate and tongue. Snow remained on the tracks of the collision. Blood, but also fingerprints, according to Dr. Anthony Liberatore, Director of Veterinary dell'ASREM (Molise Regional Healthcare Company), are unmistakably a wolf.

The dr. Liberatore is an expert on wildlife, and for him those tracks are likely to be linked to the large male often observed in places. A peaceful presence with which Dr. Liberatore came in contact.

"The wolf flees at the sight of man - refers to Dr. GeaPress. Liberatore - maximum ignores him and continues on his way. This worst case scenario. The wolf is not a threat. "

In recent days, the upper valley of the Volturno, were spotted several deer come down to the valley as a result of snow left. It had been found some dead, or (whether alive or dead) food for the wolf. Also in recent days, the State Forestry (see article GeaPress) had issued a statement where noted as the winter was really a happy season for wild canid. At the rigors hurt everywhere are his prey or herbivores that are for the weak and therefore more susceptible to predation of the wolf.

"The locals - adds Dr. Liberatore - do not feel in danger wolf. Problems can occur with grazing, but this should be carefully analyzed. There are unscrupulous breeder, especially among the elderly, but not always the case. "

Grazing, in essence, means sometimes abandoned pasture. Animals left at the mercy of events. Animals of little value, however, turn into a profit in the case of contributions or reimbursements. Some, then, are more at risk than others. It 's the case of horses, especially if foals. The solutions are there but sometimes it seems as if you do not want to take.

According to Dr. Liberatore electric fences give good results and I'm not so expensive as they say, at least compared to a normal fence.

"We must know how to do - report Dr. Liberatore - be careful not scattered on the ground and check the batteries. With the wolf can live with. There is a danger to humans and livestock for the solution there. " Just want it, in fact.

The wolf that has plundered the Pit Bull is not the only one of its surroundings. There are probably others but, as reported by Dr. Liberatore, there is no warning and there is no reason that there is. E 'already so for quite some time. We are right behind the historic site of the Apennines to whom we owe the salvation of the wolf. The National Park Lazio, Abruzzo and Molise. To return to live among the fables, or the days of Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf, there is no just no need. Sooner or later this cold end. Ungulates resume possession of the high altitude pastures and the wolf will follow them. And 'so who knows how much time and many hope that this will continue to be so.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Copyright © GeaPress - All rights reserved

Source : Translated Article

^That pitbull will now be deemed to be a pet-bull not a real pitbull!!!

Bandog
Member Avatar
Everything else is just a dog.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know if I spent a lot of money and took years of my time training a dog I would let it roam around fighting wolves.
The article does say that the blood is unmistakably wolf and that it was a "large male". Not bad for a little dog that decided to go walkies by himself.

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
mr_savage
Jan 31 2014, 09:32 PM
That lone wolf was probably more scared of the dogs then anything . If they would have charged him he would run away .If there's a pack there then the dogs are in trouble .I've never seen a rott that could put up as much fight as a pit bull . But you sound like you have zero knowledge or real working dogs so you would think that ! LOL
i own working dogs......................five......................
but youre a pit fanboy so ill stay out of it with you. :)

Airedale
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
Rottweiler could win

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Video & Image Gallery · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: