Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Who wins?
Human 10 (50%)
Mandrill 10 (50%)
Total Votes: 20
Human v Mandrill
Topic Started: Feb 7 2014, 09:37 PM (3,316 Views)
Taipan
Member Avatar
Administrator

Human - Homo sapiens
Height; 162-175 cm (5.4-5.9 ft)
Weight; 137-172 lbs (62-78 kg)
Like most primates, humans are social by nature; however, humans are particularly adept at utilizing systems of communication for self-expression, the exchange of ideas, and organization. Humans create complex social structures composed of cooperating and competing groups, ranging in scale from small families and partnerships to species-wide political, scientific and economic unions. Social interactions between humans have also established an extremely wide variety of traditions, rituals, ethics, values, social norms, and laws which form the basis of human society. Humans also have a marked appreciation for beauty and aesthetics which, combined with the human desire for self-expression, has led to cultural innovations such as art, literature and music.
Humans exhibit sexual dimorphism in many characteristics, many of which have no direct link to reproductive ability, however most of these characteristic do have a role in sexual attraction, for example a higher level of androgenic hormones such as testosterone, makes it easier for most men than most women to develop their muscles. Men tend to be taller than women, but there are many people of both sexes who are in the mid-height range for the species.

Posted Image

Mandrill - Mandrillus sphinx
The mandrill (Mandrillus sphinx) is a primate of the Old World monkey (Cercopithecidae) family, closely related to the baboons and even more closely to the drill. It is found in southern Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, and Congo. Mandrills mostly live in tropical rainforests and forest-savanna mosaics. They live in groups called "hordes". Mandrills have an omnivorous diet consisting mostly of fruits and insects. Their mating season takes place from June to October. Males average 25–35 kg (55-77 lb); females are less than half that weight (11–14 kg, or 25-30 lb). Unusually large males can weigh 50 kg (110 lb). The average male is 81–90 cm (32–36 in) and the female is 56–66 cm (22–26 in), with the tail adding another 5–8 cm (2–3 in). They can survive up to 31 years in captivity. Females reach sexual maturity at about 3.5 years. The mandrill has one of the greatest sexual dimorphisms among the primates.

Posted Image

Catboy
Feb 7 2014, 03:30 AM
Mandrill vs Human
Edited by Taipan, Dec 28 2014, 02:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vivyx
I love felines, birds and arthropods
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To be honest, I think that a really strong and big Mandrill is more than capable of killing the human (assuming this is an average human) with it's long teeth that it is equipped with:

Posted Image

I think that an average human will panic at the sight of it's large canines. But the mandrill's downfall is that it is way smaller than the human and it will eventually get bought down to the ground and killed. But I'm not sure how a human is going to kill a mandrill (maybe stomp on it's neck once it's on the floor), and the mandrill can very easily just bite through the human's neck and cause bad blood loss.

For now I think maybe human 6/10 but a large mandrill will probably make it a tie or might even probably win. At parity this is an easy win for the mandrill (50 kg mandrill)

k9boy
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Kanye West would get demolished

retic
Member Avatar
snake and dinosaur enthusiast
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the mandrill will most likely be able to kill an average human rather than vice versa.

Fishercat
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
I think a determined human would pin and kill a Mandrill. However I dont see them surviving the aftermath without medical assistance. A bite from the Mandrill would probably cause fatal blood loss over time so I guess I would call this match a draw.

ARM0R
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
Personally I think a determined average guy [physically] will win more often than not considering the average skinny guy weighs like 160lbs / 72kgs and stands about 5'9'' / 175cm whereas male mandrills average just about 66lbs / 30kgs. If it´s an aggressive man who doesn´t hesitate to fight a non-human primate he´ll probably kick and stomp the mandrill to death. Some people seem to forget how strong human legs are. The mandrill´s teeth are certainly (more) dangerous weapons though. A bite will cause great blood loss and make most people panic so it comes down to the human´s psychology imo.

Molosser
Member Avatar
Ursids, Canids, and amphycionids
If the man is determined and if he doesnt panic he can win

TIKI
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
You guys must have forgot this video I posted way back when. The bone density and explosive muscle fibers on this guy are nothing to be played with.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mandrill wins IMO.
Quote Post Goto Top

maker
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
The human has clothes for some protection.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It is very unfair, to give the human clothes.
Quote Post Goto Top

Molosser
Member Avatar
99007742.com
Oct 7 2014, 01:08 PM
it's natural for us to wear clothes, every user reading my post is wearing his clothes (at least i hope so), and if such a fight happens in reality i have no doubts that the man would be dressed and not walking naked among people, or even in the forest.

Hatzegopteryx
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
Clothes won't prevent those canines from perfurating skin, they're not armour, they're just clothes, whether the human is wearing any clothes or not has little impact on the outcome.

And even though the canines can look very intimidating, they will mostly not be readily lethal, and the human having an strength advantage over the monkey may as well give him an edge.

Molosser
Member Avatar
I never said clothes will stop the monkey's canines, I was just correcting a statement.

ARM0R
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
99007742.com
Oct 7 2014, 01:08 PM
It´s not unfair at all. It´s natural for us to use our environment to build clothings and weapons. Human match ups are already made fair by ignoring our ability to turn anything into a lethal weapon.

@TIKI: That´s no impressive footage imo. Get on all fours and push something the same way. You´re probably going to build even more force than the mandrill depending on your weight.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Interspecific Conflict · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: