Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rethinking that Leopards can beat Hyenas..can they really?
Topic Started: Aug 23 2014, 12:50 AM (11,010 Views)
RojJones
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Even the wolf is not vile scavenger like a hyena.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ImperialDino
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
kuri
Aug 23 2014, 02:25 AM
we are talking about 1 on 1 fights!

But i think nature appear to work differently than we think/we are talking about.

Every Animal tries to survive...they are no killing machines.

We are searching for accounts, but why should a leopard or a hyena kill each others.
Yes...lions and hyenas are deadly enemies. But maybe this is the exception.

Don't misunderstand me...i don't think that this kind of fights we are talking about, often happen in the wild.
Male Leopards will engage with other Male Leopards and Female Leopards before they will even a SINGLE HYENA, I've never seen footage of a Hyena running from a Leopard, but we've all seen the other way around. The Hyena has very little respect for the Leopard, the Hyena treats the Male Leopard no different then it would a Caracal or Serval!!

Posted Image

Shin
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ImperialDino
Aug 23 2014, 06:27 PM
kuri
Aug 23 2014, 02:25 AM
we are talking about 1 on 1 fights!

But i think nature appear to work differently than we think/we are talking about.

Every Animal tries to survive...they are no killing machines.

We are searching for accounts, but why should a leopard or a hyena kill each others.
Yes...lions and hyenas are deadly enemies. But maybe this is the exception.

Don't misunderstand me...i don't think that this kind of fights we are talking about, often happen in the wild.
Male Leopards will engage with other Male Leopards and Female Leopards before they will even a SINGLE HYENA, I've never seen footage of a Hyena running from a Leopard, but we've all seen the other way around. The Hyena has very little respect for the Leopard, the Hyena treats the Male Leopard no different then it would a Caracal or Serval!!

Posted Image
I don't even believe that you believe your own words-you're not even a convincing troll...

you repeat the same misinformation despite there being very strong evidence to the contrary...

kuri
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ImperialDino
Aug 23 2014, 06:27 PM

Male Leopards will engage with other Male Leopards and Female Leopards before they will even a SINGLE HYENA,
of course, leopards only catch big prey (prey bigger than a rabbit) when they hunt in big packs. Mostly 4 or more leopards are necessary to kill an antelope.
When leopards kill a warthog, they form packs up to 10 or more leopards.

RojJones
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ADMIN - Post deleted - you are warned.
Edited by Taipan, Aug 24 2014, 12:25 PM.

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok sorry roj, but I'm reporting that. You can't say such racist things.

Vivyx
Apex Predator
I reported as well...

RojJones
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If it offends you.

A Muslim, sometimes spelled Moslem,[1] is an adherent of Islam, a monotheistic Abrahamic religion based on the Quran. Muslims consider the Quran to be the verbatim word of God as revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. They also follow the teachings and practices of Muhammad as recorded in traditional accounts called hadith.[2] "Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits to God". A female Muslim is sometimes called a "Muslimah".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
No, you're using it as an insult.

kuri
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
kingkazma
Aug 24 2014, 05:33 AM
Ok sorry roj, but I'm reporting that. You can't say such racist things.
sorry, but this isn't racism. A religion isn't a race!

kingkazma
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Good point, but it's still offensive.

Vivyx
Apex Predator
this is a deleted post
Edited by Vivyx, Apr 23 2017, 02:37 AM.

Honey Badger
Member Avatar
Ur ready 4 Freddy, butt f*cked bi Foxy
I reported too.

Ceratodromeus
Member Avatar
Aspiring herpetologist
RojJones
Aug 23 2014, 03:38 PM
Even the wolf is not vile scavenger like a hyena.
hyena's are more predatorial then scavengers..This is very well documented..I get it you like and evidently favor the leopard, but don't go around spouting nonsense such as this. Surely, a hyena will scavenge when the opportunity arises, but so will every extant land carnivore today.
Edited by Ceratodromeus, Aug 24 2014, 11:13 AM.

Renekton
Member Avatar
Autotrophic Organism
[ *  * ]
Quote:

I've never seen footage of a Hyena running from a Leopard, but we've all seen the other way around. The Hyena has very little respect for the Leopard, the Hyena treats the Male Leopard no different then it would a Caracal or Serval!!

Then you are just ignorant, there are several scene's of leopards scaring away hyenas in wildlife documentaries.

Here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXGB8dGm6qs

And, in a serious battle, a male leopard has much better cards against a hyena. You overrate them too much...
Edited by Renekton, Aug 24 2014, 11:16 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoological Debate & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Skin created by Crash-Cheetah of Forum Chat