Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multi Active Multi Inactive
Add Reply
Leopard AND Hyena vs Warthog
Topic Started: Dec 7 2016, 06:18 PM (668 Views)
kuri
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
curious situation
Edited by Taipan, Jan 12 2018, 10:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taipan
Member Avatar
Administrator

kuri
Dec 7 2016, 06:18 PM
curious situation

I think the Hyena was opportunistically taking advantage of the fact that the Leopard was distracted by killing the Warthog to take a chance for a feed. Very unique situation I had not seen before!

Cape Leopard
Member Avatar
Heterotrophic Organism
[ *  *  * ]
Misleading title, but interesting video nonetheless

Grazier
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I really find it perverse and sickening how people just stand there 7 feet away saying faeces like "oh now he's gonna rip the leg off *click click*". City people should stay in the city and country people naturally would have chased off both the hyena and leopard and killed (quickly) and ate the hog. This is just weird and macabre. Gross.

FelinePowah
Member Avatar
Pussy Lover
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grazier
Jan 13 2018, 01:59 AM
I really find it perverse and sickening how people just stand there 7 feet away saying faeces like "oh now he's gonna rip the leg off *click click*". City people should stay in the city and country people naturally would have chased off both the hyena and leopard and killed (quickly) and ate the hog. This is just weird and macabre. Gross.
Wtf???

Ryo
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grazier
Jan 13 2018, 01:59 AM
Eeehm.... What?

zergthe
Member Avatar
Kleptoparasite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Rule No.1 with observing wildlife: don’t interfere with a natural situation

Grazier
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
zergthe
Jan 13 2018, 05:39 AM
And you're brainwashed. We are nature. If there's a turtle upside down flapping its flippers pitifully, tip it upright, dont be an a - hole. "One must never interfere *click click click*", the sound of these peoples voices makes me sick, dumb subculture of brainwashed sanctimonious douches.

Ryo
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Woah. The guy who doesn't mind gribbing dogs attacking wildlife suddenly hates on people actually for once learning about nature and are actually interested it.

zergthe
Member Avatar
Kleptoparasite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Grazier
Jan 13 2018, 07:22 AM
zergthe
Jan 13 2018, 05:39 AM
And you're brainwashed. We are nature. If there's a turtle upside down flapping its flippers pitifully, tip it upright, dont be an a - hole. "One must never interfere *click click click*", the sound of these peoples voices makes me sick, dumb subculture of brainwashed sanctimonious douches.
Okay, sure, humans are nature and by that argument are still part of nature and everything we make is natural. Nonetheless I would’ve expected you to at least get what I’m saying.
Flipping a turtle that’s on its back is a completely different scenario from splitting up two essentially human weighted carnivorans from their prey. One is and isn’t a predator-prey relationship. Or are you saying every time humans observe an animal killing another animal because it cannot properly eat vegetation and must eat meat instead we should interfere with an animal or in this case two trying to kill and not being killed?
Because if so you should say goodbye to your own source of meat and poultry.
This is not sick. This is how it has been since the dawn of predator and prey. To say it’s “sick” to turn effectively a blind eye to it isn’t wholly correct; often it is shocking and numbing to see something being killed. Bur arguing it’s inhuman to watch this happen and instead should save the animal you potentially save one life but make it that much harder for two others. What makes me sad personally is someone many years older than me showing a detrimental ignorance towards what happens every single day on the smallest to largest of scales saying we should save any animal a predator comes across and wishes to kill and eat.
Edited by zergthe, Jan 13 2018, 09:36 AM.

K9 Bite
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
Might as well hand your limbs out to a hungry Hyena then...all natural c;

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Video & Image Gallery · Next Topic »
Add Reply