Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who wins?
Grizzly Bear 3 (37.5%)
Predator (Yautja) (no weapons) 5 (62.5%)
Total Votes: 8
Grizzly Bear v Predator (Yautja) (no weapons)
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 07:54 PM (490 Views)
Taipan
Member Avatar
Administrator

Grizzly Bear - Ursus arctos horribilis
The grizzly bear is a large predator that is different from black bears due to a distinctive hump on its shoulders. Grizzly bears have concave faces and long claws about the length of a human finger. Their coloration is usually darkish brown but can vary from very light cream to black. The long guard hairs on their backs and shoulders often have white tips and give the bears a "grizzled" appearance, hence the name "grizzly." The correct scientific name for the species is “brown bear”, but only coastal bears in Alaska and Canada are referred to as such, while inland bears and those found in the lower 48 states are called grizzly bears.
Height 3- 3 ½ feet at shoulders
Length 6-7 feet
Weight Adult males 300 - 850 lbs; females 200 - 450 lbs
Top speed 35 mph

Posted Image

Predator (Yautja)
The Predators are the primary alien antagonists of the Predator film series, they are a race of hunters that continuously seek human and other exotic prey both sapient and non-sapient. Predators are physically distinguished from humans by their greater height, arthropod-like mandibles and long, hair-like appendages on their heads that are set into their skulls. Their bodies are resilient to damage, capable of recovering from multiple gunshot wounds and radiation doses which would be fatal to humans. They are much stronger than humans, having been portrayed as being easily capable of outmatching a conditioned adult human male and shattering solid concrete with their bare hands. They are also skilled climbers, and will readily move through trees or across rooftops in pursuit of prey.

Posted Image

Ginsu
Oct 12 2017, 04:06 AM
Predator (Yautja) vs Grizzly Bear

Online Profile Quote Top

Inhumanum Rapax
Member Avatar
Parabola Vita
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This battle already occurred and ended in the predator's defeat lol, that being said if the predator was allowed to use its weapons it'd win easily.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Kiryu2012
Heterotrophic Organism
[ *  *  * ]
I've looked at the case of the yautja losing to the bear, and honestly, that seems like a freak occurrence that wouldn't normally happen. Yautja are trained from birth for the hunt, they are capable of dealing with Xenomorphs of all creatures, they can punch holes through concrete and survive being crushed beneath trees. The predator who lost to that bear seemed pretty incompetent. I don't think we should use that event as evidence that a bear could win against a yautja. I think that, even without his weapons, that a competent Predator can win against a bear comfortably.

Ferreomus
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kiryu2012
Oct 13 2017, 09:01 AM
I've looked at the case of the yautja losing to the bear, and honestly, that seems like a freak occurrence that wouldn't normally happen. Yautja are trained from birth for the hunt, they are capable of dealing with Xenomorphs of all creatures, they can punch holes through concrete and survive being crushed beneath trees. The predator who lost to that bear seemed pretty incompetent. I don't think we should use that event as evidence that a bear could win against a yautja. I think that, even without his weapons, that a competent Predator can win against a bear comfortably.
Without Weapons the Bear wins,But with weapons the Predator wins slightly.

Kiryu2012
Heterotrophic Organism
[ *  *  * ]
Ferreomus
Oct 13 2017, 04:11 PM
Kiryu2012
Oct 13 2017, 09:01 AM
Without Weapons the Bear wins,But with weapons the Predator wins slightly.
How exactly would the bear win? Yautja can tear off human heads from their body with their bare hands, they can punch through concrete, and one of them was still alive after being crushed beneath a large tree, something that would instantly kill a bear. Also, there's no way a Predator would only win slightly against a bear.

Grazier
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The problem with fictional entities is they are often inconsistent with differing abilities depending on who is writing for them in whichever comic book or movie or whatever.

From what I have seen of yautja (movies and a couple of comics when I was a kid) they were never depicted as that physically freakish. Just big and strong and agile but " if it bleeds, we can kill it" says it all. Its definitely just a regular biological organism and not a superhero or whatever.

Also the very fact it is a technologically advanced race, the fact it has weapons, damages the notion it is so physically gifted without them. It is clearly a bit physically gifted, so we can assume the animals it evolved alongside are that much more insanely physically gifted. The "yautja prime" equivalent of a grizzly bear would destroy earth's easily, but the yautja itself? I haven't got that impression, certain authors taking a poetic license doesn't override the general most common depiction for me. Its anatomical build doesn't suggest any extreme raw power the way a grizzlies does.

Also its hard to get a straight weight for yautja, some sources say 330 others 520 lbs. Either way I think the biggest grizzlies are too big. The absolute best a yautja could hope for is having a chance at parity.

With a weapon, even just the wrist blades, I'd favour the yautja.

Wombatman
Member Avatar
Herbivore
[ *  *  *  * ]
Disregarding the low end feats of predators like getting defeated by humans multiple times thanks to the plot, Predators show a great ammount of physical and skill showings in movies, comics and videogames.
Those showings put anything a bear can do to shame.
Predators can fight massive monsters like Praetorians and Queen Xenomorphs and survive multiple strikes without being destroyed. Their human spine pulling feat alone is calculated to require a pull of over 100 tons. All predators can do this and do it with one hand. Predators can also take gunfire from modern militar weapons and explosions from bazookas without getting deadly wounded.
And Im not gonna talk about their speed.
If the bear gets lucky and gets to slash the predator skin, next its going to get the jaw torn out its head.
Edited by Wombatman, Oct 15 2017, 06:03 PM.

Ginsu
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
This battle has, in fact, occured before in the Predator Primal though in that situation the Yautja was fighting a female grizzly defending her cubs and had to deal with both a forest fire and interfering humans whilst fighting the grizzly. I remember in Predator: Jungle Tales a Yautja was able to lift a male African Lion to eye level with one hand, fight and kill several spotted hyenas at once, and kill a pair of adult Nile Crocodiles that attacked it.
We also have to take into account that Yautja skin is reptillian in appearance and texture, meaning it would likely be more resistant to clawing than human skin would. Also the Yautja has taken down more impressive creatures in the past as well.
Edited by Ginsu, Oct 20 2017, 08:39 PM.

Ginsu
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
They're also strong enough to toss around fully grown Male Bison

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fantasy & Fictional Face-offs' · Next Topic »
Add Reply