Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who would win in this battle of jungle giants?
King Louie 1 (50%)
Kaa 1 (50%)
Total Votes: 2
Kaa vs King Louie (2016)
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 06:27 AM (80 Views)
ScottishWildcat
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
King Louie
Posted Image
The King of the Swingers, the Jungle VIP, this gigantopithecus rules an ancient temple, where his legions of simian servants cater to his every whim. He rarely moves, though when he does, he can be surprisingly agile and strong: able to swing at high speeds and bring down stone buildings with his bare hands.

Kaa
Posted Image
With a sultry voice and a hypnotic glare, no creature ever escapes from Kaa's coils. The largest snake the jungle has ever seen, Kaa is as thick around the middle as a fig tree, and if she stands herself up on just a third of her body-length, she towers over even the elephants. Her coils can crush bone and her jaw opens wider than a crocodile's: no matter what she says, this snake is not to be trusted.

This version of the Jungle Book is my favourite movie, but I feel like Favreau missed a huge opportunity here. In the original novel, Baloo and Bagheera go ask Kaa for help when Mowgli gets captured by the monkeys, Kaa being the only one whom they fear. Judging by the concept art and some promotional images, this movie seemed to be going in the "good" Kaa direction as well, but was changed at the last minute. Every character in this movie's potential is fully utilised, except for Kaa's. Why not have her throw down against King Louie in the movie's 11th hour? The temple crashing down around them as Mowgli rushes to escape, the winner unseen.

But personally, I would back Kaa, unless someone can throw in an argument in Christopher Walken's favour. I don't think it would be too hard to restrict his arms, and she's large enough to handle a few bites (forgive the crappy intro posts haha)
Edited by ScottishWildcat, Feb 13 2018, 06:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Top

Taipan
Member Avatar
Administrator

Are these movie characters? If so what movie(s)

ScottishWildcat
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
The newest version of The Jungle Book from 2016

K9 Bite
Member Avatar
Heterotrophic Organism
[ *  *  * ]
If he can avoid looking into Kaa's eyes/avoid her trance, King Louie can grab a hold of her head and crush it in his huge jaws. If Baloo could fight Kaa to release Moglee, surely Louie has more than enough potential to kill Kaa in a fight?

And I too wished they kept that one scene with Kaa in the Rupert Kingly version.
Online Profile Quote Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fantasy & Fictional Face-offs' · Next Topic »
Add Reply