Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Who wins?
Future Predator 3 (17.6%)
Xenomorph 14 (82.4%)
Total Votes: 17
Future Predator vs Xenomorph
Topic Started: Jun 24 2012, 05:46 AM (5,037 Views)
DinosaurMichael
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Future Predator

Posted Image

Xenomorph

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

LionClaws
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mismatch in favor of the xenomorph. "Alien" has acid blood, so it's essentially impossible for other animals to kill it without committing suicide. And the tail-spike is deadlier than anything the future predator has.

Superpredator
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Well, in that case you're right.

populator135
Member Avatar
Heterotrophic Organism
[ *  *  * ]
Acidic blood aside, I think the future predator has the edge in a fight. It's even more agile than the xenomorph, and seems to be able to apply a bite a lot quicker.

Kurtz
Kleptoparasite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LionClaws
Jun 24 2012, 12:01 PM
Mismatch in favor of the xenomorph. "Alien" has acid blood, so it's essentially impossible for other animals to kill it without committing suicide. And the tail-spike is deadlier than anything the future predator has.

A mismatch even without acid blood
Xeno take this anytime with easy
Edited by Kurtz, Jul 4 2012, 08:20 PM.

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
populator135
Jul 4 2012, 08:13 PM
Acidic blood aside, I think the future predator has the edge in a fight. It's even more agile than the xenomorph, and seems to be able to apply a bite a lot quicker.

agreed the future predator can burst into speeds of up to 125km/h and can jump the length of a tennis court.

Dinohyus ftw
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
i think this one would be a draw

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The future predator would win IMO. It's got agility FAR FAR superior to that of xenomorph, if anyone has seen the first episode it appeared in a whole squad of trained people tried shooting it yet couldn't land a single shot due to its speed and agility, explain to me how xenomorph will even land a hit with its tail or mouth. The gorgonopsid only won because the future predator was reckless enough to stay on its back, because the gorgonopsid had eaten its young. Intelligence is another factor in favour of the future predator it is described as extremely intelligent comparable to today's most intelligent creatures humans aside. Speed is obviously on the predators side as it can burst into 125 km/h. Weaponry may lie with xenomorph, but the predator by no means lack it, it's got huge claws which have proved to be able to do plenty of damage and with its long distance jumps it can reinforce it with tremendous force, it's echolocation seems to be very effective as well. I don't know how much it would help, but predators have some pretty awesome skin as they live in an environment, that seems to have deadly sandstorms or something like that (I don't recall), at least in their far future version (depends on which era you take), yet they survive as apparently the only creatures other than humans, megopteran and maybe a few other animals, and don't need to seek cover from these sandstorms, perhaps their tough skin could offer protection from the acid, so it's either a win for the predator or a tie where both die.
Edited by Fishfreak, Feb 10 2013, 09:38 PM.

DarkGricer
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Fishfreak
Feb 10 2013, 09:38 PM
The future predator would win IMO. It's got agility FAR FAR superior to that of xenomorph, if anyone has seen the first episode it appeared in a whole squad of trained people tried shooting it yet couldn't land a single shot due to its speed and agility, explain to me how xenomorph will even land a hit with its tail or mouth. The gorgonopsid only won because the future predator was reckless enough to stay on its back, because the gorgonopsid had eaten its young. Intelligence is another factor in favour of the future predator it is described as extremely intelligent comparable to today's most intelligent creatures humans aside. Speed is obviously on the predators side as it can burst into 125 km/h. Weaponry may lie with xenomorph, but the predator by no means lack it, it's got huge claws which have proved to be able to do plenty of damage and with its long distance jumps it can reinforce it with tremendous force, it's echolocation seems to be very effective as well. I don't know how much it would help, but predators have some pretty awesome skin as they live in an environment, that seems to have deadly sandstorms or something like that (I don't recall), at least in their far future version (depends on which era you take), yet they survive as apparently the only creatures other than humans, megopteran and maybe a few other animals, and don't need to seek cover from these sandstorms, perhaps their tough skin could offer protection from the acid, so it's either a win for the predator or a tie where both die.
It seems you haven't seen any Alien movies.

A Xeno's exoskeleton is though. I doubt the claws would do much to it.

If anyone has the intelligence advantage, it's the Xenomorph. I doubt a FP would know how to use an elevator after seeing someone use it just once.

In AVP, one Xeno fought a Predator head on and won, even after getting trapped in the Predator's net.

Xeno doesn't even have to stab the FP with it's tail. As long as it gets hit, that is one dead Predator.

Not to mention, the FP will probably hur itself more than it will hurt the Alien.

Also, what you said about the tough skin is nonsense.

Point one, those weren't true Future Predators. They where a mutant version
Point two, if they didn't have to take cover, why would a MFP leave a fresh human meal the moment it heard a storm coming?

Also, it's acid. Acid that welts trough floors that where desingned to contain the Xenos. Oh, and not only that floor, the acid also melts it's way to several floors below that. Give the Predator Anky armor if you want to. Not gonna help against a Xeno's acid.

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DarkGricer
Feb 10 2013, 10:15 PM
Fishfreak
Feb 10 2013, 09:38 PM
It seems you haven't seen any Alien movies.

A Xeno's exoskeleton is though. I doubt the claws would do much to it.

If anyone has the intelligence advantage, it's the Xenomorph. I doubt a FP would know how to use an elevator after seeing someone use it just once.

In AVP, one Xeno fought a Predator head on and won, even after getting trapped in the Predator's net.

Xeno doesn't even have to stab the FP with it's tail. As long as it gets hit, that is one dead Predator.

Not to mention, the FP will probably hur itself more than it will hurt the Alien.

Also, what you said about the tough skin is nonsense.

Point one, those weren't true Future Predators. They where a mutant version
Point two, if they didn't have to take cover, why would a MFP leave a fresh human meal the moment it heard a storm coming?

Also, it's acid. Acid that welts trough floors that where desingned to contain the Xenos. Oh, and not only that floor, the acid also melts it's way to several floors below that. Give the Predator Anky armor if you want to. Not gonna help against a Xeno's acid.
It's quite a while since I've seen alien and primeval so yeah...I remembered wrongly.

Vivyx
Member Avatar
Felines, sharks, birds, arthropods
Xenomorph wins, no doubt. It's got acid blood, it is more agile, has tougher armor (exoskeleton), aggression and that deadly tail spike.
Edited by Vivyx, Jun 26 2013, 03:40 AM.

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The agility is debatable though, FP has amazing agility.

Vivyx
Member Avatar
Fishfreak
Feb 10 2013, 10:22 PM
Imagine the Future Predator getting stabbed by the tail spike, it would pretty much dead.

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DogVader
Feb 10 2013, 10:23 PM
Fishfreak
Imagine the Future Predator getting stabbed by the tail spike, it would pretty much dead.
I was talking bout agility not the outcome.

Vivyx
Member Avatar
Fishfreak
Feb 10 2013, 10:24 PM
DogVader
Feb 10 2013, 10:23 PM
Fishfreak
I was talking bout agility not the outcome.
I know, I'm just saying, because you favour the Future Predator, and I was saying ways it could get killed, I do admit, the Future Predator is agile, but I doubt it is more agile than the Xeno.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fantasy & Fictional Face-offs' · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: