Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Favourite Novels/Books
Topic Started: Jul 27 2012, 10:18 PM (3,402 Views)
DinosaurMichael
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you have any favourite Books? If so here's the thread to share what they are.

Anyway these are my favourite ones. Fatalis by Jeff Rovin and The Pines by Robert Dunbar.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by DinosaurMichael, Jul 27 2012, 10:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Superpredator
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Uh, I guess, umm, do Scientific books count? lol . Anyway, I have to say Narnia: The Last Battle by C.S.Lewis is my favourite novel of all time.
Posted Image
Edited by Superpredator, Jul 27 2012, 10:23 PM.

DinosaurMichael
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Superpredator
Jul 27 2012, 10:23 PM
Uh, I guess, umm, do Scientific books count? lol . Anyway, I have to say Narnia: The Last Battle by C.S.Lewis is my favourite novel of all time.
Posted Image
Sure.

Anyway as for books. I'd probably say any that is about animals and prehistoric animals.

Kurtz
Kleptoparasite
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
All works of Leonardo Sciascia

Heart of Darkness of Joseph conrad

The Secrets of Rome by Corrado Augias

and most of all classics masterpiece

Superpredator
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
DinosaurMichael
Jul 27 2012, 10:24 PM
Superpredator
Jul 27 2012, 10:23 PM
Posted Image
Sure.

Anyway as for books. I'd probably say any that is about animals and prehistoric animals.
CARNIVORES OF THE WORLD!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I dont read much but I like the harry potter series
Quote Post Goto Top

Wild
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Carnivores of the World (Must have that book):

Posted Image

But my favorite novel (that I've actually read) is called Micro by Michael Crichton (Jurassic park author)

Posted Image

Its when these scientist get shrunk down to half and inch and are dumped into in the Hawaiian forest and they must survive gigantic predatory arthropods and the hostile environment where danger is everywhere, but the wilderness isn't the only danger they have to worry about..........a sinister human danger is at play here too. This book is amazing with action and adventure and I love the scientific detail I mean they use REAL science facts and knowledge to survive and they give the scientific names and describe the behaviors of the animals they run into so accurately its just a GREAT BOOK. I recommend to EVERYONE. It's really for anyone looking for a great (yet realistic and scientifically accurate) adventure/survival book I can't get over it it should be a freakin' movie it would totally beat all the other stupid movies about people shrinking down like "Honey I Shrunk the Kids". I'd be the first one to watch the movie if that happened.
Edited by Wild, Jul 29 2012, 04:24 AM.

Wild
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
DinosaurMichael
Jul 27 2012, 10:18 PM
Do you have any favourite Books? If so here's the thread to share what they are.

Anyway these are my favourite ones. Fatalis by Jeff Rovin and The Pines by Robert Dunbar.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I heard Tom Clancy is a good author wjhat is Fatalis about?

Wolf Eagle
Member Avatar
M E G A P H Y S E T E R
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I still like the Meg series. It's pretty good IMO.

Wild
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Meg seems like your typical horror movie featuring an animal antagonist, so does fatalis

Fishfreak
Member Avatar
Friend of the fish
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A game of thrones by George R. R. Martin

And

Jurassic park by Michael Crichton

Wolf Eagle
Member Avatar
M E G A P H Y S E T E R
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wild Dog
Jul 29 2012, 12:34 PM
Meg seems like your typical horror movie featuring an animal antagonist, so does fatalis
Meg is a book and it's actually really good. The sharks aren't features as antagonists. That's what I thought at first but then I read the book and it was entirely different.

Wild
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Wolf Eagle
Jul 29 2012, 01:29 PM
Wild Dog
Jul 29 2012, 12:34 PM
Meg is a book and it's actually really good. The sharks aren't features as antagonists. That's what I thought at first but then I read the book and it was entirely different.
I know it wasn't a book but what I meant was I seemed like it'd have the set-up and format of a horror movie. Also how are the sharks not antagonists?

Wolf Eagle
Member Avatar
M E G A P H Y S E T E R
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You just have to read the book I guess. Then you'll know.

Wild
Member Avatar
Apex Predator
Wolf Eagle
Jul 29 2012, 02:41 PM
You just have to read the book I guess. Then you'll know.
ok

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Debate & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: