Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Carnivora. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Make your own Solar System; title says it all
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 12:23 PM (2,014 Views)
MothmanFan100
Member Avatar
Unicellular Organism
[ * ]
Make your own star, planets and moons today. Don't forget to add how many planets are there and make sure you add the temperature, atmosphere, landscape, size (small as mercury, normal as earth or big as Jupiter), and color. If it has rings then add "has rings". And also the size and color of the star and moons.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jinfengopteryx
Member Avatar
Aspiring paleontologist, science enthusiast and armchair speculative fiction/evolution writer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is mine (not finished yet):

http://carnivoraforum.com/blog/main/3838574/?cat=1671
Edited by Jinfengopteryx, Oct 29 2013, 12:52 AM.

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
I'm now working on a system around a star called Ajax. It is quite complex but I can tell you a few things about it.
Ajax is about 30 times wider than the Sun.
The largest object around it is a brown dwarf called Cepheus.
The system has two planets, Phoebus and Hephaestus, spinning around each other. Both planets have life including sapient species. Phoebus could sustain Earthling life while Hephaestus has sulphur in its atmosphere, water and about everywhere due to its volcanic activity so it isn't suitable for Earthling life. There is also a partially molten planet called Sappho and a frozen planet called Clotho. The system has lots of asteroid belts. I'm still working on it.

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
System: Zylotta

Star type: Late Phase-2

Planets: 7

Of the seven planets in the Zylotta system, only one is known to have organic life, the one sentient species, Zylottans, have colonized most of the system. What follows is a brief summery of Zylotta Major:

Planet: Zylotta Major

Gravity: one standard gee

Atmosphere: mixed hydrogen- carbon

Moons: two (Ko-mau and Redus)

Zylotta Major is a primarily tropical world covered in vast swamp forests and jungle. The planet has only one trans-planetary ocean. A small desert covers the primary continents center. Zylotta Major is odd among rocky planets for it possessess a ring (what once may have been a third moon). The planet is composed of a Iron-colbalt core wrapped in lighter igneous rocks. Paleo-geographic evidence shows a violent past, despite this, the planet has no volcanic activity. Zylotta Major is estimated to be 5.4 billion years old.

Other minor planets in the the Zylotta system:

Obodayroon (gas giant)

Goryndus (dwarf planet)

Tauk-mo (Mars-like)

Demidus (rocky world)

Jagunda (ice covered)

Havela (gas giant)

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
Allosaurusatrox
May 22 2015, 04:20 PM

Of the seven planets in the Zylotta system, only one is known to have organic life, the one sentient species, Zylottans, have colonized most of the system. What follows is a brief summery of Zylotta Major:

Zylotta Major is a primarily tropical world covered in vast swamp forests and jungle. The planet has only one trans-planetary ocean. A small desert covers the primary continents center. Zylotta Major is odd among rocky planets for it possessess a ring (what once may have been a third moon). The planet is composed of a Iron-colbalt core wrapped in lighter igneous rocks. Paleo-geographic evidence shows a violent past, despite this, the planet has no volcanic activity. Zylotta Major is estimated to be 5.4 billion years old.

Obodayroon (gas giant)

Goryndus (dwarf planet)

Tauk-mo (Mars-like)

Demidus (rocky world)

Jagunda (ice covered)

Havela (gas giant)
What do you mean trans-planetary ocean?

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
KaizerGoji
May 22 2015, 04:25 PM
Allosaurusatrox
May 22 2015, 04:20 PM

Obodayroon (gas giant)

Goryndus (dwarf planet)

Tauk-mo (Mars-like)

Demidus (rocky world)

Jagunda (ice covered)

Havela (gas giant)
What do you mean trans-planetary ocean?
a single ocean that spans the planetary surface unimpeded by continental barriers.

None of Zylotta Majors continents are connected, thus its oceans has "free reign" of the planet.

EDIT: I just realized the correct term would be Pan-planetary, not trans-planetary, sorry.
Edited by DinosaurFan95, May 22 2015, 04:42 PM.

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
Yes it was quite confusing.

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry.

Any other questions? I would be happy to answer them.

Vodmeister
Member Avatar
Ultimate Predator
Reading this thread makes me realize just how much creativity I have lost in the past few years.

When I get a few weeks off I'll hopefully come back to this thread and let the creative juices flow.

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
Ajax is about 25 times wider than the Sun but its mass is only 1,5 solar masses. It is a G-type giant.

Sappho: It is 10.640 km. wide and its mass is 0,6 earth masses. It is a partially molten planet with an atmosphere 50 times denser than the Earth's. At day the atmosphere blazes up turning the planet into a microwave with insanely powerful winds. At night the temperature and light falls but it is still extremely hot and fiery storms appear above the ground.

Atropos: It is 20.099 km. wide and 4 times heavier than the Earth. This hot planet has sulphuric acid storms. It is characterized by its extreme volcanic activity. The tallest mountain on the planet, Abria Mons, is 60 km. high and 500 km. across and it is believed to be still active, releasing huge lava plumes and lots of thousands or even millions of tons of ash every day. The planet also has plenty of other large surface features.

Alecto: A planet about as large as Jupiter with an atmosphere that shows extreme weather changes due to its extremely elliptical orbit that might bring it closer to Ajax than Sappho thus causing huge temperature changes. NOTE: This is inspired by the exoplanet HD 80606 b.

Clotho: It is inside of Alecto's aphiastron. It is a mainly red colored gas giant measuring 161.567,4 km. wide at the poles and 177.295,2 km. wide at the equator.

Asteroid belt A

Morpheus: It is only 2.945 km. wide. It has a quite featureless surface. However it is believed to be rich in precious metals like Platinum, Iridium, Osmium and maybe Gold and Silver.

Asteroid belt B

Cepheus: A massive brown dwarf measuring 374.607,6 km. wide. It has hundreds of satellites. The largest one, Diomedes, is larger than Sappho but smaller than Venus (Solar System).

Methone: A mainly purple gas giant. It is a little larger than Jupiter. It is 146.983 km. wide.

Tisiphone: A mainly yellow gas giant. It is the largest planet in the system (Cepheus doesn't count as a planet) measuring 184.444 km. wide.

Asteroid belt C
It is an extremely thin belt between Tisiphone and Deucalion.

Deucalion: A mainly orange gas giant. It is 175.865,4 km. wide. It is very close to Tisiphone.

Aeolus: It is 33.803,4 km. wide. It is a rocky planet entirely covered in a worldwide ocean with absolutely no land. It has an extremely thick oxygen rich atmosphere, about 200 times denser than the Earth's, and its surface has lots of massive tornadoes, taller than our Mount Everest.

Asteroid belt D
The belt includes Iris, a large round asteroid about 500 km. wide that might be a threat to local planets.

Tyrintha: It is 9.975,1 km. wide. It is covered in vast jungles with insanely tall trees and large volcanic vents on its surface extract iodine into the atmosphere from the inside of the planet. It spins extremely fast for a planet and has a magnetic field strong enough to change the course of small asteroids.

Asteroid belt E
Aegaeon: It is inside the asteroid belt E. It measures 19.720,7 km. wide and its surface is marked by thousands of craters. The largest one is wider than Mars and it is believed to have been caused by a collision that nearly shattered the planet.

Celeus: It is 5.362 km. wide. It has a very faint atmosphere.

121 Lagarte: It is only 1.846 km. wide. However it is still believed to have an atmosphere that would make it a habitable dwarf planet.

Phoebus-Hephaestus: Phoebus is 15.434,76 km. wide. It is believed to be identical to Earth and possibly able to sustain terrestrial lifeforms, like a human astronaut without his space suit. This is due to its atmosphere being composed of about 20% oxygen and nearly all of the rest being nitrogen. The planet is also believed to be a little colder in average than our planet with its summer temperature being equal to the average temperature of Earth at autumn. Hephaestus, on the other side, is 13.865 km. wide and it is quite warmer than Earth due to large quantities of carbon dioxide in its atmosphere. It has lots of sulphur extracted from its interior by its volcanoes and spilled in the sea or dissolved in the atmosphere. The two planets spin around each other and both are believed to sustain life including advanced civilisations determined to live peacefully with each other.

K3: It doesn't have any official name yet. It is 17426 km. wide. It has a white and generally featureless surface.

Asteroid belt F
Orpheus: It has an elliptical orbit that brings it within the asteroid belt F and then closer to Ajax than Clotho. It is 6.561 km. wide. It has a black carbon crust with a lava sea that becomes more noticeable at periastron. Shortly after its discovery (I discovered it) the planet nearly collided with Phoebus.

Oceanus: It is 49.238 km. wide. It is like a massive blob of water wandering in space. Towards the center water has turned into ice due to the immense pressure of those depths.

Hecate: A mainly dark blue gas giant. It is 155.848,2 km. wide.

Alcyone: A mainly cyan gas giant. It is the second largest planet in the system after Tisiphone, measuring 180.154,8 km. wide

Kratos: It is a frozen planet with a dense highly reflective atmosphere and an equally reflective icy surface with frozen seas. It is 12.335 km. wide, larger than Venus. Violent frozen storms accompanied by hail occur in the atmosphere. Some ice chunks of this hail might be deadly, measuring over 1 m. wide.

Sphinx: A large dwarf planet, measuring 2.642 km. wide. It is frozen and with an extremely faint atmosphere that freezes during winter (like the atmosphere of Pluto).

Taygete: A frozen giant. Measuring 60.909,48 km. wide it is wider than our frozen giants, Uranus and Neptune.

Ice belt: An extremely wide belt of frozen objects. The distance between its inner edge and its outer edge is much bigger than the distance between Ajax and Taygete. The belt is elliptical and its innermost objects come closer to Ajax than Taygete and then again further from Ajax than Taygete.

Hector: It is 5.916 km. wide. This frozen planet is inside the ice belt. It has an atmosphere about 2 times denser than the Earth's. On its surface there are massive ice geysers ejecting water and ice tens of kilometers above the ground.

2014 DO5: It is a dwarf planet 1.127 km. wide. It is one of the outermost objects of the system having a periastron of half light year and an aphiastron of about 0,75 light years.

Outside of this object there are several other objects. The furthermost object of the system is believed to be 2014 AJ839 which is over a light year away from Ajax.

This is my huge system.
Edited by Thalassophoneus, May 22 2015, 07:38 PM.

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The six minor planets of the Zylotta system ( Obodayroon, Goryndus, Tauk-mo, Demidus, Jagunda and Havela) are named after the six greatest warriors (four males and two females) of Zylottan history.

Obodayroon: a gas giant composed primarily of a helium-argon mix, no moons. Obodayroon is visible from Zylotta Major during the summer solace, aside from a few gas mines, Oobodayroon has no commercial/industrial uses.

Goryndus: the smallest planet in the Zylotta system, Goryndus sits the closest to the star, and is thus uninhabitable.

Tauk-mo: Tauk-mo is entirely covered in vast dune seas, composed mostly of silicon.

Demidus: Demidus is home to the largest industrial plant in the Orion arm, covering 90% of the planets surface. Everything from commercial goods to M-class defense drones is manufactured here.

Jagunda: An ice ball, Jagunda is primarily a mining world, although it is also a fueling station for ships headed out-system. Furthest from the star.

Havela: Often called Obodayroon's "sister", Havela's undescribed gas mixture gives the planet an odd purple color.

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
I was originaly thinking to give my planets names from planets I made in Spore GA, like Tyrincasia or Mako.

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I love spore.

Thalassophoneus
Member Avatar
Pelagic Killer
Allosaurusatrox
May 24 2015, 08:41 AM
I love spore.
Let me tell you my sad story. Until about a year ago Spore was in my computer and I had several creations and I had built them within years, I had made large empires, adventures and stuff and I was also ready to wipe out the Grox. And then we decided to reboot my computer and change it from Windows XP to Windows 7 so my work was gone. Luckily I kept any file I could find that was related to Spore but I still haven't tested it to see if it will re-install my work. Anyway, a friend of mine gave me the advice, if my work can't be re-installed, to face this as an oportunity for a new start. And I think this is what I will do if it doesn't work.
My Hephaestus! My pretty planet Hephaestus with its large, dictatoric, territorial empire that was about to unite the Galaxy and defeat the Grox!
Maybe my next planet will be even better. If I start all over again my new first empire will be EXTREMELY territorial.
Edited by Thalassophoneus, May 24 2015, 06:40 PM.

DinosaurFan95
Member Avatar
Omnivore
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My $1000 dollar computer broke a year ago and the laptop that replaced it can't support Spore, or JPOG. :,(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: